• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help removing P180B front filters

ryansebiz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
430
I cannot remove my front intake filters on my P180B.

The case manual says:

"There are two tabs on the filter. Use both of your hands to press the tabs downwards. Lift it up and slide it towards the top of the case to remove the filter."

When the say "Lift it up" I think they're referring to the filter. I'm having a hard time lifting the filter up when both my hands are pressing the tabs down.

When I take one hand off one a tab to try and lift the filter up it won't budge.

How do you get your air filters off your P180B? Would you recommend leaving them off for better airflow?
 
Go in from the back and push down on the tabs, it's way easier that way... I just got the case yesterday, those filters are a pain.
 
Push down on the tabs, and pull OUT towards you, then lift the filters up to unlock the 2 hidden tabs at the top.

Once you have one of them off, you'll see how they hook in and it'll be a lot easier to get them off.
 
SarverSystems said:
Push down on the tabs, and pull OUT towards you, then lift the filters up to unlock the 2 hidden tabs at the top.

Once you have one of them off, you'll see how they hook in and it'll be a lot easier to get them off.
I just did that, I bet he is afraid to pull down too hard, mine sounded like it was going to snap, but it worked perfectly.
 
Borgschulze said:
Go in from the back and push down on the tabs, it's way easier that way... I just got the case yesterday, those filters are a pain.

Borgschulze gets 10 points. Thanks for the help; that did the trick.

Should I leave the filters out for better airflow or leave them in to block the dust?
 
ryansebiz said:
Borgschulze gets 10 points. Thanks for the help; that did the trick.

Should I leave the filters out for better airflow or leave them in to block the dust?
What do you prefer?

Personally I would leave the filters on, I water cool, so I don't have any heatsinks to clean.
 
I guess it depends on where you live and how often you want to clean your case. I live in arizona so I want every square inch of the case to be filtered because if its not its going to need cleaning about every week. Most states are not this bad so you can leave them off and still not need to clean them very regularly. If you have any shedding animals I would highly reccommend leaving them on.
 
Back
Top