• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help! Real mess with my PSU

Steeeeve

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
2,596
Ugh, so I am sleeving my power supply (Seasonic S12) and I labeled the wires on the ATX connector so I would know where they go...sadly the numbers wipped off as the sleeve went on. So now I got 24 wires and no idea where they go. The question is...are the wires "color coded" as in yellow is +12vDC etc... and if so, can I put any yellow in there?

Thanks..I hope I can fix this. -_-
 
well...

the basics are here
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/181/9
(last table listed as BTX)

ATX24.jpg


all the +12V wires on that particular supply, in the main connector strand should be the same rail

that would be different in an EPS12V split plane (4x12V rails) but not that ATX12V
 
The positions of the wires matter only if you plan to ever use the PSU with a mobo that has only 20 pins instead of 24. In that case you want any double wires (a second wire may be piggybacked to first on the same pin) to be among the first 20 pins because they're used for sensing voltage at the mobo (why those wires are often thinner), and if they're not connected the voltages may be less accurate by a few tenths of a volt under heavy loads.
 
Back
Top