Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
You see I have two 2 raid controllers on my mobo A8R32-mvp Deluxe. If I put a raptor which is a sata I on the ULI raid controller and I also put 3 320 sata II on the same controller will the sata II lose speed because of the 1 sata I drive on there?
If the drives are all on the same raid volume i would say yes it's going to drop the drive speed down across the controller, but no drive itself is going to max out it's lane so it shouldn't be a problem, you might loose NCQ. I'm not possitive on this though
It shouldn't make all the drives run at SATA-I, but even if it did there's not much of a bottleneck there for those drives.
Most RAID 5 reviews I've read are not as promising as it is on paper with disappointing write speeds unless a lot has changed recently. Have you tried RAID 5 with good mass write speeds in the past? If so which controller?
Thanks I have 5 drives running 4 in raid 5 and the 1 raptor. Things are working fine now.
This is my entertainment center computer and play computer. Now to see how I can overclock this sucker.