[HELP] Problems with A64 or MSI Board

Sandbox Magician

Limp Gawd
I need advice once again. Quite a few months ago I came here to get opinions on what components to buy for my new system (in sig), and you guys helped me out a lot. Well, it was running fine for me for a while, and then it just started having random freezes. I formatted quite a few times using XP and linux, and it still froze.

Now, it's not starting at all. I hit the power button, and power does go to the system. Most of the LEDs come on, all of my fans start, and my cd/dvd drives get power. It feels like my hard drives are starting also, but that could just be from the vibration of everything else so I'm not sure. However, after all of that, an error pops up on my monitor saying that the monitor is working properly but is not receving a signal. So, I think okay my video card fried on me. I pop another card in from another system and no luck.

Then after twiddling my thumbs, I realize I'm not hearing a POST. I can't really remember from computer tech back in high school, but I thought that if you had a CPU, RAM, or other problem the POST will beep a certain amount of times telling you what's wrong with it. Well, I'm not hearing a single beep. Even though I thought RAM problems cause 2 or 3 beeps or something, I popped in a different set of RAM and no luck.

What does this sound like to you guys? I don't have an extra/know anybody who has a s939 CPU, so I can't tell if my CPU fried or not. When you don't hear anything on a POST does that mean that you have a defective CPU? I'm out of components to troubleshoot with here, so I don't know what to do. I just sent an RMA request to MSI, so I'm gonna send in my mobo to have them test it out so I can see if that's the problem. If they send it back saying nothing is wrong with it, I'm SOL.

I'm not totally familiar with MSI, but some boards have diagnostic LED's on them. You said LED's were lighting up, are these on the board?

Back