• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help, Problem with IP35-E

swanysto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
340
hey guys,

I just bought an Abit IP35-E Motherboard with E4500 CPU. When I hooked it all up, I am getting nothing. Both the LED lights come on and the CPU fan spins, but it is not triggering my monitor.

Here is my exact setup"
Kingston DDR2 533mhz ram
BFG 7800gt PCI-e
audigy2 zs
200gb sata 1.5 hd
80gb ide hd
toshiba dvd burner.

I have followed the directions exactly, all power connectors are where they need to be.

I am not exactly sure of the problem, but the two things I am thinking are:

1. The 533mhz ram. It says 800/667 ram, but it is an 800fsb processor so I wouldn't think I would need the 800/667 ram.

2. It takes an 8 pin power connector, and I only have a 4 pin. It is an Enermax 420watt ATX2.0 power supply. The manual says I can use the four pin(which I put where it said for me to put it) I just won't get optimal ratings or something.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
swany
 
I would try taking out and ram and seeing if it will boot with one stick. if it does go into the BIOS and set the proper settings for your ram, timings voltage ect.. and then you should be able to put the rest back in and boot.
 
I tried one ram stick, and got the same scenario. Thanks for the idea though.Can I get into bios without any ram?
 
Back
Top