Help... Please!!!!!

acra2

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
95
I have a Dell Precision 360 Workstation that I bought a new 6800 for and I don't think the card is getting enough Juice as it corrupts like hell and keeps turning the monitor on and off.

I figure the PSU isn't able to give enough power, (only a 330Watt) and I need the pinout so I can hack one together from a new PSU.

P.S. I tried running a second PSU only for the GFX card (grounding pin 14) and it kept turning off the second PSU again!

HELP!!!!!
 
Contact Dell & find out if your WS uses standard ATX pin assignments or is this a Dell special.

20-pin or 24-pin ATX, p4 or EPS?
 
I don't know what a 360 is (I thought Dimensions had four digit part numbers) but if you look at the "ATX connector" on the motherboard and see a 6-pin (in-line 6, not 2x3 like a PCI connector) right next to it, then you definitely have a propietary Dell power supply.

If it looks like a standard ATX power supply and you see a green wire fourth wire in with a black ground wire on either side, then you're using a standard ATX power supply.
 
it uses a 20pin connector and a 4 pin add on connector, I tried connecting another 3rd party ATX supply but approximately nothing happened when I pressed the power button, I read that Dell like to change the pinouts just to help people blow up there motherboards if they don't get DELL offical stuff... I might have to break out my mutlimeter and figure it out myself... :(

thanks all the same guys
 
acra2 said:
it uses a 20pin connector and a 4 pin add on connector, I tried connecting another 3rd party ATX supply but approximately nothing happened when I pressed the power button, I read that Dell like to change the pinouts just to help people blow up there motherboards if they don't get DELL offical stuff... I might have to break out my mutlimeter and figure it out myself... :(

thanks all the same guys
Why not just ASK Dell?
 
Back
Top