Help please

m0s3s27

n00b
I have a Sapphire 4850 in an Antec 300 with a PCP&C 500 watt ps both are barely over a month old, and everything has been running very cool. I was playing a game today and the comp made a horrible beep and the 37 inch tv i play on came up with no signal. I switched to hdmi and nothing,put in an older card and everything was fine, I checked for any events and nothing. I removed the drivers put the card back in and again nothing. I am at a loss dont really know what to do next,any help or advice would be great. Thanks...

Does your mobo light up like normal? Also look in your mobo manual it should have a description related to different types of beeps. It could also be a dead GPU it's pretty hard to tell.

Try connecting another monitor to the same setup and see what you get. If there's still no signal with the 4850 then it's most probably dead and you should get it replaced.

I tried the card on one of my monitors and it still had the same problem, the mobo seems fine and works with an old 8600gt. im past 30 days from purchase with the egg so i had to contact Sapphire, they have not responded yet. I hope they stand by their product. this is the first ati card i have bought in years and am a little dissapointed.

I know, its just frustrating. It was really fast for a budget card, slowed map load times but prob cpu bound.

My first suspect is gfx card.
Try it in another PC.

Yeah sounds like the 4850 is hosed, at least it should be RMAable.

Thanks, they still have not returned my email. might just have to pop for a 4870,how is HIS.

I'm curious. What game did this happen with?

I have similar symptoms happen to me on my system with World in Conflict. No patches for the game, new drivers, reinstalling old drivers, downclocking back to stock, nothing has helped the problem. Strangely enough it is only that ONE game that does this and I have only come across one other poster on the AMD forums who has a similar problem but was never resolved. So basically I have a paper weight for a game now. :mad:

If it happens with other games then yeah I would suspect your video card or some other piece of hardware. But if not, maybe it's just that game.

I was playing cod waw it was the only game i had time to play in just over a month of owning the card. It ran well but i did notice some waters edge have a gold line sometimes but the card was running stock and low 40c under load. it didnt seem like the type of artifacts i have gotten with other cards. In hindsight should have taken that as a sign and returned the card just to be certain. If you can rma the card do it and do it soon.

Back