help please

Darkmp40

Limp Gawd
help!!! i just got my amd socket 939 athlon 64 3200+ and put it in my mothboard put the heat sink on, connected the wires turned on power supply red light came on green flashed as normal, went to hit power.. nothing nada..... tried a few more times unplugedd all the fans, hardrives, etc. now my power supply doesn't turn on nothing comes on, on the motherboard. Did i fry my power supply? its only 380 watt but it came with the case. i need help also,it was plugged in, another thing is it the ram? i have pc2700 ddr 333 in it said it supports up to ddr 400 and cpu ssays ddr 400 please help i'm really sad

o ok, well um u might have messed up the psu. do u have any other to test? and the mobo might be bad

psu pomblem fixed i feel like a dumbass it was half unplugged from the wall.. lol but i think my power button is messed up. because i took it out caseing it has three plugs on the back of the swtich thers the 2 plugs that are connected but one is missing i'm trying to find my other buttons

lol its cool. well there should only be one plug for the power button. its the one that says pwr reset or someting liek that, and then there might be the led for the power button and then theres a hdd led.

the power plugs there is 3 plugs that are just 2 wires in the one plug, then there is another that runs to another led but its not together it has a white and green wire.... i think its the power led

ok its not the power button... but its was weird when i was moving my ide cable around like it like kicekd on then when i moved it went off i mean my north bridge heatsink is warm, but right after that i mean the cpu wasn't hot and i know it didn't start cuz i didn't hear it.. so please help and can it just be my power supply? the place i bought it from the guy said put a 450 on it and i'm putting a 380 on it is that it? cause before i heard a high pitched screach from the power supply is that why i can't get it to boot? or is it possibly my ram its ddr 333 pc2700 and the cpu supports ddr400? and the board manual says 333/400/4somthing

OK, i talked to my dad, we tried jumping the board but didn't work but i have to like jumpers on my board i don't know which is for bios and i can't find the schematics for my board..

nvm my dad helped me when i got home it was the power button i tried juimping it but kept shutting off but he unplugged the wires and touched the wires together and fired right up, took me awhile to get all my hardware set up and working but when i put it in the case, it wouldn't turn on.... hmm? i took it back out of case started at first try? wtf? lol but i'm gunna buy a tech station case. currently i have it oc'ed to 2.6ghz and its running 30 degreese celcius its weird but yeah its running nice and cool and fast thought i'd let u know, i'll get some pics of it up . ttyl

btw its a amd athlon 64 3200+ oc'ed to about a 4000+

Back