Help picking a 580

I am definitely getting a Geforce 580 GTX the problem is I am not sure what company to go with.

So far one person I know mentioned: "go EVGA if its stock never overclocked." I was curious if anyone else had any good insights onto this. I use to buy BFG cards, but considering they are gone I'm pretty much working from lack of experience with the other companies.

I am hoping for any insights on which might be the best choice, I am not sure buying a overclocked EVGA is worth it as it looks like its still a stock 580 that they just firmware overclocked which I could always do my self.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

There isn't any reason not to buy EVGA. best customer service, best company. They won't be able to tell if it's overclocked. It's all software on a video card, just don't over do it, and you'll be fine. All of the other companies are just amateurs.

There isn't any reason not to buy EVGA. best customer service, best company. They won't be able to tell if it's overclocked. It's all software on a video card, just don't over do it, and you'll be fine.

I mean they are selling a "Super clocked" card and a standard specs card. From looking at them it looks like both are stock, one is just forcefully clocked up in the firmware as a base.

I mean they are selling a "Super clocked" card and a standard specs card. From looking at them it looks like both are stock, one is just forcefully clocked up in the firmware as a base.

Pretty much. Just your average factory overclock. You can save yourself $30 and just use MSI afterburner. Or if you prefer OEM, and don't like overclocking yourself, just get a Superclocked card.

Pretty much. Just your average factory overclock. You can save yourself $30 and just use MSI afterburner. Or if you prefer OEM, and don't like overclocking yourself, just get a Superclocked card.

That helps, I can handle the overclock my self, was just making sure about it. Still wondering as I've heard several people have had issues with EVGA, but their lifetime warranty is a nice bonus. I was wondering about any other experiences people had with ASUS or Galaxy as well, hoping for a general consensus.

If there's any chance you'll resell your card within the next couple of years I'd go with Asus, Galaxy, MSI, or Gigabyte over EVGA.

They are all reference models at this point, I believe the cheapest one on the newegg website is the MSI. Right now your choosing which sticker looks prettier on the card. They are all the exact same card with a different sticker. Some with a higher clocked bios, others without. Get the cheapest one and use that 10% off coupon code at newegg. Unless you can find one for $499 in stock.

They are all reference models at this point, I believe the cheapest one on the newegg website is the MSI. Right now your choosing which sticker looks prettier on the card. They are all the exact same card with a different sticker. Some with a higher clocked bios, others without. Get the cheapest one and use that 10% off coupon code at newegg. Unless you can find one for $499 in stock.

except that you can get them from evga cheaper without a coupon that from newegg with the coupon. and before anyone goes there, create a user account to register just that card and pass along to the new owner should you sell. That way they can change the info to their own.

except that you can get them from evga cheaper without a coupon that from newegg with the coupon. and before anyone goes there, create a user account to register just that card and pass along to the new owner should you sell. That way they can change the info to their own.

There you go ^^^ They are all reference, get it as cheap as you can find it, they are all the same thing. Buy it from EVGAs website.

There you go ^^^ They are all reference, get it as cheap as you can find it, they are all the same thing. Buy it from EVGAs website.

Free ground shipping from evga too. To be fair and not show evga bias, I've bought asus and other brands too.

Back