HELP: Partition Magic 8 Merging Error

cmge

Limp Gawd
i got a new HD and made it specifically for my OS and programs.. so far so good... using Partition Magic 8 worked fine..

then i wanted to merge my old "C" drive with my old "D" drive... same drive mind you just partition.... so when i used the merge option in Parition Magic 8 to merge both "C" and "D" during the process of it Partition Magic gave me an "Error 1520"!? so the whole merging process was cancelled...

OK..

then suddenly my windows detects my "D" drive as unallocated.. >_< ... WT?F!... and so i checked if Partition Magic if it detected it and nothing... its being detected as unallocated.. >_<

ive used Partition Magic b4 and never encountered any problems... now i have this prob and i think ive lost a crapload of data... >_< ... is there any way I can recover the data on this drive or is all lost and needs to be FDisked?

i tried using the undelete feature in Partition Magic 8 but its saying that there was no partition on "D" drive...

any help woul dbe greatly appreciated... thanks

I think you just found out why they call it "Partition Tragic". Make backups next time, and if it's important a data recovery service may be able to get it back for a few hundred dollars. I doubt there's much you can do to recover data yourself at this point.

Back