• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help! Partition Magic 8 caused stop error in Win 2000; can't boot

bhucker

n00b
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
3
In my haste to find a solution to the large drive recognition problem I posted about in another thread, I ran Partition Magic 8 to resize my boot partition from 200 gb to 136 gb. I changed only that one thing. Now the system won't boot up and through Google I see there have been other complaints about PM8 frying NTFS drives.

The system dies on a blue screen stop error 0x7b. I tried pressing spacebar during the boot sequence and typing L to get the last working configuration, but that didn't help.

Unlike the secondary drive I was trying to fix in the other post, this boot drive does have some recent data that I really need to recover. Any suggestions?

--Bob
 
Try putting it in another computer and get the data off of it.

Next time, keep a backup.
 
try booting off of the win2k cd, entering the repair console, and running a "fixboot" and or a "fixmbr" (and then run a chkdsk while you're in there)
 
Thanks, seanmcd. I did boot from CD, but I'm not sure I saw a repair console option -- just a suggestion to let setup reformat the disk. Do I need to do something to force the option?
 
Back
Top