Help Overclocking X-Star

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
So I overclocked my X-star to 96Hz and holy crap what a difference that makes... However I can't seem to get it up to 120, 105 is as high as I have test without any artifacts (lines) 120, is right out, green garble all over and 110 will give me a thin flickering white line at the top while moving the window around.

Also I noticed if I have my second monitor connected, moving windows around is no longer smooth and looks about the same as before (jittery).

Whats up with that? Card is a 290x

Last edited:
Also I noticed if I have my second monitor connected, moving windows around is no longer smooth and looks about the same as before (jittery).

Whats up with that? Card is a 290x

windows is shit. that's what's up with that.

Is overclocking worth it? I don't game at all and am currently using the HD4250 built into the motherboard. I just found a 5450 512MB in my closet that I pulled out of an HTPC that I got rid of years ago. I could install the 5450 and overclock my X-Star, but is it worth it? Will I notice any difference in web browsing, coding, or movie watching?

How did this turn into a windows thread?

you asked why moving windows around didn't seem smooth.

Is overclocking worth it? I don't game at all and am currently using the HD4250 built into the motherboard. I just found a 5450 512MB in my closet that I pulled out of an HTPC that I got rid of years ago. I could install the 5450 and overclock my X-Star, but is it worth it? Will I notice any difference in web browsing, coding, or movie watching?

try it and see for yourself. personally, i find that it improves everything, especially if you use a good smooth scroll plugin for your browser, but i can't tell you that you'll value it as much as i do. also, it causes a gamma gradient to appear, just fyi.

Back