Help overclocking 2.8c

Black Label

Limp Gawd
Hi im a newb at overclocking, but this is what i have so far.

I want to run my p4 2800c at 3200. The multiplier for my chip is 14, so 3200/14 = 228

So in the bios I set the CPU fsb to 228mhz

I'm running my ram and CPU at 1:1 ratio, so my ram is overclocked also to 228mhz making it 456 drr i think? Is this going to be to hot or unstable for my ram? I dont know what the limit is for ram. While im overclocking my timings are loose, 3-4-4-8 and i will try tighting them when the overclocking is done.

My volts are:

CPU 1.6

Ram 2.75

AGP 1.5

Does this sound right? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

What mobo are you using?

If you're using asus.........disable both PAM mode then set Vcore 1.6V or Auto DDR 2.85V then Agp at 1.6V

Lock you agp/pci to 66/33......Disable everything you dont use such parallel ports etc....Disable spread spectrum.

Henessey

henesseynalert said:
What mobo are you using?

If you're using asus.........disable both PAM mode then set Vcore 1.6V or Auto DDR 2.85V then Agp at 1.6V

Lock you agp/pci to 66/33......Disable everything you dont use such parallel ports etc....Disable spread spectrum.

Henessey

yea im running p4p800s (im upgrading to a dual channel 865pe board soon)

i disabled spread spectrum, but what does this do?

and i couldn't find PAM anywhere, is there a different name for it?

apg is on 66.66/33.33

and if i can run lower volts stably should i do that? i want the life of my hardware to be long.

im thinking
CPU 1.5v

DRR 2.5v

AGP 1.5v

is this going to hurt my performance?

thanks for the reply henesseynalert :)

Sometimes you have to manipulate voltages to go higher, But you have to know where your clocks are stable on default voltages......Be sure to provide proper cooling.

1.6V Vcore is totally safe......Just keep your cpu cool at times if you need that much voltages to take you clock to the next level.....

2.85V Vdimm use this much voltages to your ram so you'll find it's true potential faster....it's easier to troubleshoot in the end if your cpu/ram are at their limits...

1.65Vagp helps your clocks stable when going for more fsb....

Spread Spectrum is known to hack your clocks when you're goin for more....try to disable USB legacy support.......2 of these are important.

henesseynalert said:
Sometimes you have to manipulate voltages to go higher, But you have to know where your clocks are stable on default voltages......Be sure to provide proper cooling.

1.6V Vcore is totally safe......Just keep your cpu cool at times if you need that much voltages to take you clock to the next level.....

2.85V Vdimm use this much voltages to your ram so you'll find it's true potential faster....it's easier to troubleshoot in the end if your cpu/ram are at their limits...

1.65Vagp helps your clocks stable when going for more fsb....

Spread Spectrum is known to hack your clocks when you're goin for more....try to disable USB legacy support.......2 of these are important.

thanks henesseynalert i got everything setup like you said and its very stable. prime95 ran for 2 hours with no errors, and doom 3 looks better than ever with my system overclocked. 40c idle and 50c under load (i have fans that push more air in the mail right now, so ill be running even cooler in a week) thank you henesseynalert :)

Black Label said:
thanks henesseynalert i got everything setup like you said and its very stable. prime95 ran for 2 hours with no errors, and doom 3 looks better than ever with my system overclocked. 40c idle and 50c under load (i have fans that push more air in the mail right now, so ill be running even cooler in a week) thank you henesseynalert :)

Glad i could help....enjoy your rig bro, and if you need pushe'm some more. Just coole'm and crankem....... :cool:

henessey

Back