help on overclocking a AMD 3500+

TMK

n00b
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
6
I have an AMD 3500+ VENICE core and looking into overclocking my system.

This will be my first time overclocking anything, so help is definitely in order. What type of cooling would be good to use cause all i have is the stock fan?

So basically, how is the best way to overclock my CPU without blowing it up.
 
I would recommend reading stickies, but here is ultra quick version:

1. Raise CPU voltage to at least 1.5v (i run my venice at 1.65, but I am on water, although my idle is only a few degrees cooler than same settings with high end air: XP-90C and XP-120)
2.Set LDT (HTT bus multi) to 3x
3. Set memory divider to 166
4. Set FSB to 233.

This will quickly raise your proc to 2.56ghz without overclocking your mem.
 
Back
Top