help on canon a85.

hmm...

Weaksauce
I was planning to get this camera after waiting for something better than the A80 to come out. Dang. Now I want to the the a85 because it is cheaper (and i know it is the upgrade for a70), but ppl say that the imager is too small and there is too much noise. ppl also say that there is purple fringing on the a85 (and a95). so is a85's lack of swivel LCD and small imager so bad?

I bought a A85 to replace my cheap digital camera hoping to get near 35mm quality. You could really tell the pics it took were taken by a digital camera so i returned it. My friend and my mother in law had both bought two diffrent kodak digital cameras and showed me the results. I was very impressed by the crisp color and the near 35mm quality so i went out and bought a dx7630 camera from office max for 325.00 which included a 256 meg memory card. I am very happy with this camera with everything but the zoom... it only has a 3x zoom. If you want a better zoom check out the dx7590, it has a 10x zoom but costs a lil more around 460.00.

Back