• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HELP!!!! OMG! :( Accidentally ghosted C to D

Sharp4600

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
151
Ok I just lost all my stuff, I think I hit the wrong thing when reading the ghost clone.
I just lost like 100+ GBs of Stuff. Mainly Games, MP3's Movies!
Is there any way to recover it all back?
Please help, Oh god, im panic'ing now. :( :confused:
I meant to make an image file to ghost my C.
Looking for free or pay upto 100 bucks for software to get it all back!
Please lmk!
 
Your best option know would be to look at the multiple hard drive recovery options available. Usually you can download a demo and see what the program is capable of getting. To actually get the data back you have to purchase the software. I have heard good things about FileScavenger, may want to check that one out. How big was the C:\ partition?
 
aug1516 said:
Your best option know would be to look at the multiple hard drive recovery options available. Usually you can download a demo and see what the program is capable of getting. To actually get the data back you have to purchase the software. I have heard good things about FileScavenger, may want to check that one out. How big was the C:\ partition?
I was using a Maxtor 120 GB IDE 8mb cache drive into 2 partitions
5g for C and the rest for D probably around 114GB
Ok my C drive partition was 5gb and about 2.3 used and it whiped out all my data, familypictures, movies, games, all my data. I'd be willing to pay for the software asap. I don't think I am going to touch the D drive until I got the software to recover. And If i take it to a recovery place, they will charge even more, since they will think im stupid, not knowing that you can buy software to do it.

So im looking to try and recover 110 GB approx. So right now my D has like 115 gb free now.
 
Ok I found Scavenger, will try the demo, if i buy it will the personal version be good for me? Or would I require the professional version? I didnt see any comparisons on the two.
Edit nm the demo told me what the difference is. I guess I am too hastey!
 
Will do, I just went out and bought a 160 GB maxtor 8 mb IDE cache to store the info on.
Well it found half of it. I guess thats better, I may try the hardest search meant for like broken raids and such to see if it will recover more.
Update it only found 67.73GB is that all you think I could get back?
I will recover it to my 160 gb for now. Im still missing a rather large chunk. I am really thinking about taking it to a recovery place now... :(
 
Back
Top