• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help Oc'ing

supervette

n00b
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
12
the last computer I overclocked was a pentium 75.

Right now I have a gigabyte knxp with intel 2 ghz. The chip is only 400mhz fsb, I am saving to buy a 3.4 I would like to overclock in the meantime. I'm sure with my air cooling setup that temp should not be a problem. I have a 2lb copper heat sink with a turbine style fan on it that will do about 7k rpms. How should I go about overclocking in the bios?
 
have clocked it from 2 ghz to 2.3 stable. tried clockgen but any mods crash. I made voltage 1.6 from 1.535 and something else 115 from 100. So far so good.
 
Which intel chip? Some are better overclockers than others. If I had to guess for a 2ghz I'd guess Northwood and those usually are good for another 3-500mhz or so depending.
 
Back
Top