• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help OC'ing X2 3800+

Lepy

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
65
My specs:

MSI K8N Neo2
Corsair XMS (2x512) PC-3200
AMD XP 64 X2 3800+ (using Zalman cooler)

I've been reading up on OCing my X2 3800+, and it seems many people are having success. However, I've had little experience in OCing. I found instructions in a recent thread that I thought might work well: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=976425&highlight=3800+.

However, my Memclock Index Value only reaches a max of 250mhz.

Anyone have ideas?
 
Memclock Index Value?????

do you mean your FSB, if that is the case then you will be able to OC to a 2.5
 
No, its Memclock Index Value found in the DRAM area of my bios. If I set it to anything, my memory is underclocked, but if I set it to auto, my memory runs at 200mhz.
 
that is correct, it allows you to up the FSB of the computer without running your memory out of spec. When you raise the FSB and set a Divider (Memclock Index Value) you can get your ram to run at its regulated speeds.

EX:
you set a 333 divider on the ram and up the FSB to 240
you ram will be running at 200MHz and your CPU will be overclocked.
 
I understand that, its just that for some reason my memory doesn't list 333 as a divider. It has about 7 incremented dividers up to 250mhz.
 
Back
Top