Help Obtaining CPU VID

Veratek

Weaksauce
Core temp and CPU-Z give me a fluctuating voltage reading, what bios settings do i change to get my real vid?

I did go into bios and actually looked at the voltage there (1.22 ) is that an authentic measure?

You can get vid from coretemp. it's set number and you can't change it. What you are talking about in cpu-z and bios is probably vcore. :)

FYI vid for my Q6600 is 1.225

Also, vcore in bios and vcore in cpu-z will be different.
ie. I think mine is about .09 lower idle and .17 lower load than bios. People do vdroop mod for this reason to lower the difference.

Core temp and CPU-Z give me a fluctuating voltage reading, what bios settings do i change to get my real vid?

I did go into bios and actually looked at the voltage there (1.22 ) is that an authentic measure?

Core Temp 0.97.1, VID reads 1.1625v

This is a q6600, too good to be true no?

edit: I saw it jump to 1.2 something, I'm pretty sure theres some power management settings I need to turn off.

lol yeah, it must be speed step, going to disable it and see what core temp says then.

There we go, stable reading of 1.25. This being an 804 batch I'm really satisfied.

yeah that's good. cause I first got L740Bxxx(forgot last 3 digits) it was like 1.315 or something.I couldn't OC any higher than 3.15 even if I gave it 1.52 or close to that range. Walked on evil side and did exchange and to my surprise, there were 5 L737s. Picked one on top of stack(hoping I would get top OC lofl) hoping to get 1.2 but got 1.225 but I guess I should be happy with it. :D

I can OC to 3.6Ghz and boot to windows and possibly still go higher but I need better cooler to do that as occt fails due to overheat. :(

Hmm, my VID is also 1.225.
Don't know what batch, but I ordered in early December.

You can get same vid from other batch, it's more of luck. Its just that with L737, you have better chance of getting lower vid and higher OC. Also, some say L737 that were packaged on December isn't as good as one that was packaged on November(Mine :) ) It should say that one box and also, if you got SLACR separated from other numbers, that's newer one and one that is like g&#g736gr76e2rSLACR like SLACR is sttached to the number, that's older L737(again mine:) ) But I can't say mine OC good because I've seen lots of people OC to 3.6Ghz with only 1.35 or 1.38. I have to set mine little over 1.4 to get 3.4Ghz so again, it's more of luck getting CPU that OC good.

I just saw your signature and it'sset to 1.362 and got 3.6Ghz. Just like that :( lucky you.

Hmm, my VID is also 1.225.
Don't know what batch, but I ordered in early December.

Back