HELP: Objectdock Text Dock Icons

gamezaddic

n00b
I made some custom text dock icons using a template made by thiagooney.
link to his deviantart profile here: http://thiagolooney.deviantart.com/art/MNML-Dock-Icons-87322857

Here's how my docks looking.
backroundmon-1.jpg

It looks pretty cool and all but the problem is that it looks way too small on my 22" screen
even with the icon settings set at the largest size on both objectdock and rocketdock. I can barely see the icons let alone click on em. hehe

My question is there any way possible to make the text dock icons appear larger so that it will look proportionate to the size of my desktop. The icons are at a 1024x1024 resolution. I suppose objectdock will only display an icon at a max size of 512x512 resolution.

The issue is the icon resolution is too high, 256 x 256 is the ideal resolution for dock icons, and depending on the type 512 x 512 can be used. I myself have made a few sets and as time went on they got progressively better, if you check my sig my deviant page is the first thing on there. Another person on these forums would be TooBooKoo, he has several nice icon sets. Take a look at both of ours if you want to see some good examples.

Alrighty, thanks for the advice. Nice set of icons you have there on your deviant page btw. :)
After enough fiddling in photoshop I was able to make the icons bigger.

Thank you.

And yeah it really is just a matter of fiddling around to see what works and what doesn't.

thanks for the icons prodigee.
this might help...

Wallpaper (1680x1050)

right dock: ObjectDock + Simple Glass for Object Dock (edited theme pictures with photoshop to make them all transparent exept the separator) + Color Me dock icons by milanioom

third dock from the bottom: ObjectDock + Simple Glass for Object Dock (edited theme pictures with photoshop to make them all transparent exept the separator) + Text Icons Updated by Bobbyperux

Wall-E icon: Wall E and EVE Icons by Flarup

Top Dock: RocketDock + Blank Style + Lucid Icons by leechiahan (icons in the middle) + Reflections Vol. III by styrizo (for the text icons at the sides)

[[all other from Rainmeter]]
first bar from the bottom: ENIGMA taskbar + ENIGMA extras
second bar from the bottom: from Advent by taipan snake
sidebar: from ENIGMA
big C & D drives & big RAM & CPU with reflection effect from GeoSans 2.0 Rainmeter Skin
player controls: DubFiDub1-5
CPU usage diagram in the sidebar: SGTSplicerPack
clock in the center: Arcs
Calender: from ENIGMA

winamp skin: Vision by Skin Consortium
wallpaper

Last edited:
glad you liked it, most were inspired by the desktop screenshots in this forum.
this is the same concept but with light background and dark extras instead of the dark background and light extras and with other additional text dock icons…

Wallpaper: Whips by Dean McDonald + image > rotate canavas > flip canavas horizontal
=============
top & right dock:
ObjectDock
+ Simple Glass for Object Dock (edited theme pictures with Photoshop to make them all transparent exept the separator) + colored separator to black (Image > Adjustments > Invert)
+ Text Icons Updated by Bobbyperux for top dock
+ ecqlipse 2 by chrfb & TABDicons by skm industries for right dock
=============
black color for some (white) Rainmeter addons if black is not presented:
right click > Skin menu > Edit Skin
then change the color from
Color=255 , 255 , 255 , 180
to
Color=0 , 0 , 0 , 180
note: change 180 to change black degree
note2: sometimes changing the numbers in [Variables] section (if exists) only will change it in all sections because other sections refer to it.

Back