• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help newbie here for OC'ing

Sabotage23

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
147
I downloaded ATI Tools for OC'ing my Video card, Radeon x1600 pro AGP

i was woundering what some good settings are i have a stock fan on it and my Computer case has about 6-7 fans

right now its stock at 499.50 Core and Memory 396.00
fan runs at 26%
GPU Temp is 52 C
 
I'm afraid that the only thing to do is try your way forward although I doubt you'll get much of an OC unless you get an aftermarket heatsink for the card.

Anyway the procedure is to first acknowlegde and accept the risk, then (1) up the clocks a bit (2) run the artefact scanner for about 15 minutes, (3) if there are no apparent issues repeat step 1 otherwise back down the OC and finally (4) Loop 3dMark06 and watch for artefacts -if artefacts show up then back down the OC.

That's how I OC'ed my 8800GTS anyway
 
Back
Top