Help new phone emergency

apcor

Limp Gawd
Was wondering if anyone can give any advice here. My phone was just stolen along with my ipod so i need to get something to replace them. What i need is a phone that can serve as my ipod/mp3 player as well. My biggest concern is cost. I am currently with sprint /nextel, and my plan is about $55 / month. I would like to keep it that way if possible. I have no desire to surf the net, and i dont text alot only occasionally so the only other thing I could inmagine i would want would be a full keyboard on the rare occasion i do text. Other than that sprint has offered me $75 off a new phone with 1 year contract ( I also do not want to do a 2yr). So if anyone could help would greatly appreciate it as i t has been over 2 years since i have purchased a new phone, and yes I am a cheapskate - lol

thanks

If you need to sync with itunes, your choices are pretty limited. If you just want to play non-drm'd mp3's then you could get almost anything. On Sprint, I'd see if I could find an HTC Touch Pro or Mogul on craigslist for around $100 or less. Moguls should definately be going cheap and Touch Pros too because everyone is dumping them for the TP2. But if it's been over two years, aren't you out of contract? If you're willing to renew your contract then you could probably get a TP2 or something free.

Just a quick search on slickdeals showed this as the cheapest existing customer upgrade/cool phone - Palm Pre $30 for existing customers. This syncs with itunes even, except it just got broken in the latest itunes update but I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

edit:crap, nevermind that depended on an expired rebate I guess

Last edited:
Back