• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help....new motherboard required

THOMO

Gawd
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
637
Hi guys, quick question for you all.

I currently have an i7-2600k running in an MSi H61-p31m g3

http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/H61MP31_G3.html#hero-overview.

The maximum multi I can select in bios is x38 which when in windows runs at x34 multi.

None of the MSi tools seem to want to work on this board either, I get a popup when I try to open the MSi supercharger/control panel telling me they only support MSi mainboards?? :confused:

Can you guys advise me which motherboards will allow me to select a higher multiplier for my i7-2600k?

Thanks in advance.
 
Have you tried to update the bios? Something like this usually may get sorted out with upgrading to the newest version.
 
the only lga 1155 socket chipsets that allow multiplier overclocking are the z-boards and the p67. who advised you to buy that cpu with that board?
 
Sorry dude, but I agree, the H61 is the lowest rung on the Sandy Bridge gen chipsets. Get yourself an 1155 Z77 or Z68 mobo and sell the H61. Those mobos will give you what you want.
 
Back
Top