• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HELP! new hard drive won't boot

pcpal

n00b
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
9
This is driving me insane - I installed a new hard drive (seagate SATA 320GB) and for some reason I can't boot to disk media. The 1st boot is the dvd-rom. When I boot I get this read out - "Reboot and select proper boor device OR insert boot media in selected device and press any key" Isn't the proper boot device the dvd-rom to install the OS?

I only have two drives both SATA - New one and 1 160GB. It's the new one I can't get to work.

In the BIOS below is how the boot order looks like. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

1st dvd-rom - vista disc inserted
2nd hard drive
3rd floopy
 
Back
Top