• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help' Network Setup

wclark212

n00b
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
7
Presently I have a wireless system setup 802.11g using a SMC PCI Card and a Ber :cool: kin Router which is working fine.

My question is can I used the tntetrated internal ethernet onboard ethernet controller that comes with the motherboard (MSI K8N Neo2 PLatinum) to replace my PCI ethernet card to connect to my wireless router.
 
If you have integrated 802.11 on the mobo, then yes.
If you only have integrated 802.3 (wired ethernet), then no.
 
So if you take the wireless out of the equation sure. If your asking can you take out your PCI wired ethernet card in favor of the integrated motherboard interface when your hooked to your router's switch via a cat5 patch cable then yes.

Frankly I don't understand the question if that's not what your asking
 
I mean that I now have a SMC PCI Ethernet Card with a wire running from the card to my wireless cable modem. I hope this will clear up my question. Will it be O.K. to take out my SMC PCI Card and used the internal integrated motherboard ethernet controller and keep my same wireless system functional? :cool:
 
Yeah it will work fine .. if anything you'll just have to reset the cable modem to learn the new mac address.
 
I just like to thank everyone who provided me this very useful and meanful information. I am somewhat new to using this forum, again thank' :cool:
 
You're welcome.

A prime unwritten rule of the forum, though, is ask good questions -- by which I mean "provide relevant info."

As noted, this one was very hard to follow. You spent the post talking about wireless when wireless had nothing to do with it. Just an FYI.
 
Back
Top