Help needed with Windows XP/Microsoft Outlook

CadniuM

n00b
Hey guys,

I need help with a few things. I tried Google but couldnt find what I needed. Anyhow, I recently went away for awhile and left my computer for my gf's bro to use. I made him an administrator account with no password to use in the hope i could revert to my normal admin account WITH a password later. However, as i was using the account 'Administrator' and I created a new account with admin privlidges with a name, i cant work out how to get back to only having an 'Administrator' account.

This wouldnt be a problem, except that in Microsoft Outlook etc I cant find my old emails/address book etc. I moved My Documents across but need my address book/old emails.

Any ideas?

CadniuM

Do an advanced search to look for system and hidden files and search for your outlook.pst file. This will contain all your contact/e-mail info. Copy it your new My Documents location and use the File...Import command in outlook to bring in the info. That should about do it!

It's in documents and settings/user/application data/microsoft... or d&s/user/local settings/application data/microsoft...

Also, it's possible to just overwrite the file if you don't have any important data in the new one yet.

As far as getting back...
You should never have made an admin account with no password in the first place.
That aside, boot up and press F8 to get access to safe mode. That should open up the "Administrator" account at the XP login screen. Then delete the extra account.

Sweet - got it now. Cheers guys. And i know i shouldnt have created an admin account with no password.... i was just going to log him in as a guest and should have stuck with that.

Thanks again,

CadniuM

Back