• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help Needed with mini ITX board and mobile CPU

Kuromizu

Gawd
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
717
I have a P8700 processor and an Aopen i45GMt-HD motherboard that all work and are ready to go but I cannot find a cooling solution for them. I'm going to put them in a cigar box so I have been looking for something low profile, but it doesn't need to be so.

From my measurements taken with just an ordinary ruler, the space allotted for the heatsink is 60mm x 60mm. The mounting holes appear to be 52.5mm x 52.5mm apart from each other (center to center).

According to intel, the P8700 is either a socket 478 or 479 processor. I just can't find a heatsink to mount to this board.

Can anyone recommend me one?
 
edit: Upon looking at the board i think Aopen does not use standard coolers....so look for the one that came with the motherboard, explains why the dimensions are all odd.

edit2: Actually looks like you may have standard socket P mount ... just hit up ebay
 
Last edited:
Back
Top