• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help needed with audio output

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 28, 2001
Messages
2,856
This has really got me stumped. :(

I had my computer outputting audio to my receiver via a Toslink cable. Everything was working fine until I plugged in an HDMI cable and watched a video on the TV. After that, I have not been able to get audio coming out of the computer via the Toslink. I have monkeyed with the settings till I'm blue in the face to no avail. The problem is, there is no unambiguous setting that says "Send output via Toslink". Instead there are tons and tons of BS settings that make no freaking sense to me. All I want to do is get the digital audio output to my receiver via the Toslink cable.

FWIW, if I plug a set of headphones into the analog out, I get sound. Dunno if this is relevant to my problem or not. Any guidance greatly appreciated.

BTW: This is a Gigabyte MB and I'm using the on board Realtek HD Audion.

TIA
 
This has really got me stumped. :(

I had my computer outputting audio to my receiver via a Toslink cable. Everything was working fine until I plugged in an HDMI cable and watched a video on the TV. After that, I have not been able to get audio coming out of the computer via the Toslink. I have monkeyed with the settings till I'm blue in the face to no avail. The problem is, there is no unambiguous setting that says "Send output via Toslink". Instead there are tons and tons of BS settings that make no freaking sense to me. All I want to do is get the digital audio output to my receiver via the Toslink cable.

FWIW, if I plug a set of headphones into the analog out, I get sound. Dunno if this is relevant to my problem or not. Any guidance greatly appreciated.

BTW: This is a Gigabyte MB and I'm using the on board Realtek HD Audion.

TIA

If its Vista you have to go back into the playback devices and disable the ATI HDMI output. I watch my blu-ray player through HDMI and when that is connected the computer defaults all the audio to that connection.

If on the other hand I disable the ATI HDMI output and turn on my speakers those become the default device. Hope this may help.
 
Running Win XP pro.

I'll check the ATI HDMI audio. Don't remember seeing it but I'll dig deeper and report back. Thanks.
 
That did it. :)

Found where to disable ATI HDMI audio. did it and my audio is now going to my my receiver again.

Thanks EndersShadow.
 
Back
Top