HELP!! need to ship intel processor but no anti static wrap

Nexxus

Limp Gawd
I need an alternative way to ship a processor other in anti static wrap. I dont have any and no computer store fora bout 200 miles has any either... it was sposed to go out tonight because i was banking on some store having it...

is there any other way to make sure the processor gets their safely without getting fried what can i wrap it in

also need to do this with a video card

Paper towel and masking tape?

Freezer Paper and masking tape?

Ziploc bag maybe?

Do you have a plastic box that can snap open and closed like some vid cards come in? Those work.

You could wrap them in a small towel maybe?

a towel wont do anything to it?

i could possibly do the paper towel and masking tape if sum1 can confirm thats ok

i just ordered anti static bubble wrap off eBay for future events but that wont come for another week

Wrap the chip in aluminium foil. Anything conductive, for that matter... :eek:

You threw away all the original packing? You threw away the original Intel processor anti-static retail packaging?

baka... the aluminum foil seems good... but if you have an old cd-rom drive or hdd you can rip it apart and stuff it with aluminum foil.. make a hard case... :D

so he wasnt being sarcastic when he said alluminum foil?

that will work ok?

stick it in small piece of foam ... then wrap it ... that should minimize any handling damage ...

Anti static Wrap or what HD's and MBs come in conducts electric. Aluminum foil does too. He wasnt being smart. That keeps static electric from forming and zapping it.

Bounce (antistatic dryer sheets) work for antistatic purposes. You could wrap the processor in it, or take the dryer sheet and rub it on the piece of plastic/foam that you were going to ship it in.

Back