• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help! my folding only goes one frame

Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
1,009
ime useing a old cellery 1.1 laptop as part of a folding farm(my computer, my moms mac g3 750, and that laptop) and for some reson acording to electron microscope(i have it hooked up to moniter it over my lan) shows that it gets to 100% on a frame then stops, but my current comp seems to work. so i go in and restart the folding client on my laptop(and on that it also looks to have stoped), and it does the same thing after a frame. i have tried restarting ect. and it doesnt help...
 
One possibility is that EM guesses as to how long the first frame will take, and your computers are taking longer than anticipated. The first frame hits 100% in EM using that estimate, and then it sits there waiting for the actual frame to complete. It appears stuck, but in fact it is waiting for FAH to complete the frame. I've noticed this behavior on slower cpus.

Try waiting for a while to see if it corrects itself. After the first frame, EM is going to use the behavior of your computer to make further estimates.

Of course, I could be wrong!:cool:

100000.gif
80000.gif
 
My 1.0 is taking a little over 16 minutes on a tinker right now. how much other stuff is running that you didn't realize was actually on, and have you checked your cpu to see if it is running at full capacity or not.
I found out that my unit speed drops at 4:17am because of all the system checks that kick on and run at that time. as soon as they are done it picks back up.

Check those out and see what happens
 
ive gon throguh and dlted all i can see thats not supposed to be runnign(for some reson i cant get rid of NAV in my proceses, i wasnt even away i had NAV running...) enywhay, its running at 100%, and i have no checks enabled
 
Maybe this?

I did a quick search for NAV.exe on Google... the first 10 or 20 responses all pointed to a few different viruses.... maybe it's a worm that's stealing all your CPU usage?
 
The only time I've seen something similar is when I had my scsi hard drives set up wrong.
It would finish a frame in EMIII and then seem to hang for 30 secs before starting the next frame.

I would check your drive out.
Run a few bench marks.
Check in the bios what the interface is set to.
How much space is left on it.
What size is the page file.

Luck.......:D
 
Are you sure it's Norton Antivirus running? The only components I have seen running in recent times are nprotect.exe, navapsvc.exe and nmain.exe. If I remember correctly, the program may have been called navw.exe or navw32.exe in old versions. The last time I can remember it being called nav.exe was in the DOS version.
 
Back
Top