Help! My computer's screwed.

Firebat

Gawd
Oh Jesus, here it goes. Just today, I was uninstalling my old drivers so that I could install my new ones on my 6800gs AGP. I did it by simply using the Add/Remove program option. After those were uninstalled, I did START<RUN<MSCONFIG and told it to restart my computer in safe mode. I than attempted to restart but it wont, it will get to the beep in startup, than this screen will show up:

We apologize for the Inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren’t sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

My options are:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

I have tried them all and none of them work. But if I press F8 RIGHT after the beep I get this screen:

Windows Advanced Options Menu
Please select an option:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA mode
Last known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
Debugging Mode Disable automatic restart on system failure

Start Windows Normally
Reboot
Return to the OS Choices Menu

Use the up and down arrow keys to move and highlight to your choice.

I believe I have tried thouse all too, BUT, when I try “Disable automatic restart on system failure” I go to a blue screen after I select any option, this screen say’s:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

IRWL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0Xf79b2354, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x804E2E41)

I have tried removing my card, and resetting my BIOS.

SORRY about the VERY long post, but I wanted to give all the information I can about the problem, If you have ANY ideas on how to fix this please post. Oh, and reformatting is not an option. Thanks!

thats the blue screen of death reinstall windows do that ull be happy

go f12 boot from cdrom( it is windows cd) and follow on from there

Matt Samoohi said:
thats the blue screen of death reinstall windows do that ull be happy

go f12 boot from cdrom( it is windows cd) and follow on from there

Nooo, it can't be true, isn't there any way i can get it to work?

Unfortunately not. That error is a base OS load that has happened and only thing to do is to re-install.

i think at situation like these a ERD (emergency repair disk ) would help but most of us never make one so it cant help in your case.(use floppy disks for it)

I go through your screen on a regular basis. There was this one week i installed windows 5 times and still did not learn my lesson in making a ERD.

This stores all the devices and the config and the Interrptable request lines. (IRQ drivers ). Which if goes wrong like in your situation you can put it back.

But the truth i know this and i am still not prepared.

keep trying... Install the old card again... safe mode... restore it..... should be fine.

the same thing has happened to me twice, both times from overclocking. the first time i just reinstalled windows. the second time i spent days trying to use the repair console to fix ... something. in the end i had to reinstall. im not sure but you may be able to recover data easily by sticking the hard drive into another machine.

Dude i have been there, does your mobo not have parameter recall.

This goes back to the settings that worked but the disadvantage of this is that you have to wait longer for the PC to realise that it messed up but its much safer.

Also record your settings cos there is a pattern and then clear cmos when you go wrong also another thing in the bios screen able things what you need and disable things which you dont freeing IRQLs.

Another thing this usually happened to me when i went to high with my clocks .

take it slow and only increase things when it needed it be.

1st time i overclocked it took half a day and later it took half of what it took the first time and now it takes me about an hour to get a decent overclock from a brand new CPU.

Take it slowly and make sure you are seeing a pattern. :)

Also Enable VGA mode sorts out your graphic problems , if you use this then it will load the basic drivers for the VDU and not the driver you had a problem with which you installed..(i found this out today)

or lower your overclocks. it really sounds like an overclocking issue. I get that when I push my PCI express frequency too high (945 has a problem after hitting 220mhz on PCIe freq, so I see that a lot). PUsh down the PCIe frequency and you should be good. If you've got a 945 chipset board, most likely, put it down to 119. If you've got AMD, then I'm no help there (i'm intel guy). I wouldn't recommend formatting first. that'd be the last thing i'd do. (btw, PCIe uses IRQ drivers, so it's gotta be a PCIe related issue.)

Thanks for all the responses guys.

But sadly after seeing the first few posts I reformated. But now in window's setup (after you install) it won't go past the computer's name. If I click skip it will just hang and all buttons become unclick able. If I click Next the same thing will happen. :confused: :(

Why did you uninstall the drivers? If you replaced the video card, it sounds like you may have bad hardware. If so, put the old card in, send the new one back.

If no hardware replacement happenned, clear the cmos settings and try again.
If that doesn't work, remove all cards but video and one stick of memory, try again.

Eventually you will get to the device responsible.

BBA said:
Why did you uninstall the drivers? If you replaced the video card, it sounds like you may have bad hardware. If so, put the old card in, send the new one back.

If no hardware replacement happenned, clear the cmos settings and try again.
If that doesn't work, remove all cards but video and one stick of memory, try again.

Eventually you will get to the device responsible.

I was uninstalling the drivers so i could install the newer ones, and i was booting into safe mode so i could use driver cleaner pro.

But now it seems windows won't let me past the "What's your computer's name?" screen that appears after you install windows.... :(

Look. First thing you do is clear the cmos because its having some sort of software\driver error. Next, repair your windows installation. If that doesnt work, reformat. If all of that doesnt work, you seriously fucked something up.

Question, why would go to start>run>msconfig after uninstalling a driver??? what exactally did you change in there...

J-M-E said:
Look. First thing you do is clear the cmos because its having some sort of software\driver error. Next, repair your windows installation. If that doesnt work, reformat. If all of that doesnt work, you seriously fucked something up.

Question, why would go to start>run>msconfig after uninstalling a driver??? what exactally did you change in there...

I told it to reboot in safe mode in there...

Firebat said:
But sadly after seeing the first few posts I reformated. But now in window's setup (after you install) it won't go past the computer's name. If I click skip it will just hang and all buttons become unclick able. If I click Next the same thing will happen. :confused: :(

Mines done that before too, i just gave up on install.

Are you the sure that the only thing that you've updated were the graphics drivers? I ran into a similar situation before and the culprit behind it was that I updated my bios and it didn't like the chipset drivers. It would cause the system to hang when trying to restart.

DuffMan72 said:
Reinstall the OS. The same thing happened to me too.

That's the problem...he can't, Read his responses before you posted.

His earlier post said has already reformatted and the OS won't install past a certain point. (Which means he probably didn't need to format and reinstall in the first place because it's some other hardware related problem.)

Back