Help! My comp is infected with AV security suite!

Robert_J

Limp Gawd
This couldnt be a worse time... i need my computer for school daily...
I need some sort of removal tool. Currently im on a net book while PC is in safe mode
I have Cox Security Suite (McAfee), Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malware bytes
Cox security suit finds nothing like the crap it is, spybot finds many infections and removes them, and malware bytes finds one trojan and removes it.

yet i boot up in normal mood and the damn fake AV security suite pops up again saying i have all sorts of infections

help me what are the reliable [H]ard free anti virus software that will remove this damn malware!

http://www.virusremovalguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/AV_Security_Suite.jpg

Uninstall all of that crap and install Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). Then, after MSE has updated, run a FULL scan. Not a quick scan, but a full one. It will probably take a while, so you could run it overnight, but that should do the trick.

Again though, uninstall all that other crap (Cox Security Suite (McAfee), Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malware bytes). If all else fails, back up anything valuable to you and do a full reformat.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is definitely not crap. If anything, you should even use it before MSE, though if it's an older version, downloading the latest version may have better results. Removing McAfee is good advice, though.

alright.... looks like the son of a bitchin spyware is gone for good... it suddenly just went away... one second it was there next second its gone... i think my McAfee must have kick in or somethin.. i did a scan after this strange occurrence and found four fat spyware entries...
so everything is fine but now my fricken internet isnt working.
it says im connected and i see that i am in contol panel but on internet explorer and chrome its says page cannot be displayed..

im still using a netbook for internet... rest of the house has internet just not my pc

I actually got one of these last night, thanks to accidentally clicking on a link I wouldn't have normally. I had MSE installed and updated, but it didn't stop it. I pulled the drive and scanned it from my laptop with MSE and MalwareBytes and that cleaned it.

Malwarebytes crap? OK ...... :rolleyes:

Anyways, OP, Malwarebytes is designed to 'work best' if being scanned on the computer and on the same account that the malware is running. Make sure that you have updated the definition files to the latest.

And yes, remove McAfee and use MSE, Avast 5 or Avira for your free AV solution. Neither one of them is 'the best', but they all work great. Either one, in combination with Malwarebytes, takes care of most problems. MSE is loved around here but it's not invincible. There was a strand of some rogue AV that it missed on several machines I worked on last week. It's great but not bulletproof. Also keep in mind that Malwarebytes is not a replacement for MSE, Avast or Avira, but those 3 are not replacements for Malwarebytes either. They all do the same thing in different ways, though, so I highly suggest you keep MB + one of the other 3 on your system at all times.

A final tip is that if you are encountering Malware that prevent you from running software, do this. Reboot the machine. As SOON as it hits the desktop (before the malware loads), go to Run and type in MSCONFIG. Go to the startup tab, disable all. Then go to the services tab, select 'Hide all Microsoft services' then uncheck what's left. Reboot the machine. When it gets back to the desktop again, load up your cleaning software ASAP.

Last edited:
so everything is fine but now my fricken internet isnt working.
it says im connected and i see that i am in contol panel but on internet explorer and chrome its says page cannot be displayed..

im still using a netbook for internet... rest of the house has internet just not my pc

Internet Explorer proxy settings. Viruses like to muck with that.

Uninstall all of that crap and install Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). Then, after MSE has updated, run a FULL scan. Not a quick scan, but a full one. It will probably take a while, so you could run it overnight, but that should do the trick.

Again though, uninstall all that other crap (Cox Security Suite (McAfee), Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malware bytes). If all else fails, back up anything valuable to you and do a full reformat.

:rolleyes:

I just removed one of these that Microsoft Security Essentials couldn't remove - WITH Malwarebytes (and some manual work besides). I'd use MSE over some other free AV's, but you can't discount Malwarebytes' effectiveness.

Seems some crap is flowing in the other direction. ;)

I know you're clean now, but I would assume you scanned in safe mode? Never scan in a normal boot; you'll be lucky to remove half the crap nowadays in a normal boot.

re: MSE missing things, you guys are preaching to the choir. I've seen several systems now that had an up-to-date MSE and it didn't even flinch at the garbage. I've quit recommending MSE to friends and I've started switching things over to Avast...although after reading stuff about Panda Cloud lately I may start using that instead.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is definitely not crap. If anything, you should even use it before MSE, though if it's an older version, downloading the latest version may have better results. Removing McAfee is good advice, though.

I actually got one of these last night, thanks to accidentally clicking on a link I wouldn't have normally. I had MSE installed and updated, but it didn't stop it. I pulled the drive and scanned it from my laptop with MSE and MalwareBytes and that cleaned it.

I just removed one of these that Microsoft Security Essentials couldn't remove - WITH Malwarebytes (and some manual work besides). I'd use MSE over some other free AV's, but you can't discount Malwarebytes' effectiveness.

Seems some crap is flowing in my direction. ;)

Malwarebytes crap? OK ...... :rolleyes:

Anyways, OP, Malwarebytes is designed to 'work best' if being scanned on the computer and on the same account that the malware is running. Make sure that you have updated the definition files to the latest.

And yes, remove McAfee and use MSE, Avast 5 or Avira for your free AV solution. Neither one of them is 'the best', but they all work great. Either one, in combination with Malwarebytes, takes care of most problems. MSE is loved around here but it's not invincible. There was a strand of some rogue AV that it missed on several machines I worked on last week. It's great but not bulletproof. Also keep in mind that Malwarebytes is not a replacement for MSE, Avast or Avira, but those 3 are not replacements for Malwarebytes either. They all do the same thing in different ways, though, so I highly suggest you keep MB + one of the other 3 on your system at all times.

A final tip is that if you are encountering Malware that prevent you from running software, do this. Reboot the machine. As SOON as it hits the desktop (before the malware loads), go to Run and type in MSCONFIG. Go to the startup tab, disable all. Then go to the services tab, select 'Hide all Microsoft services' then uncheck what's left. Reboot the machine. When it gets back to the desktop again, load up your cleaning software ASAP.

Alright alright, don't get your panties in a twist ladies. ;) Malwarebytes is not crap.

re: MSE missing things, you guys are preaching to the choir. I've seen several systems now that had an up-to-date MSE and it didn't even flinch at the garbage. I've quit recommending MSE to friends and I've started switching things over to Avast...although after reading stuff about Panda Cloud lately I may start using that instead.

I've found the opposite. I've had Avast running and it completely missed stuff. Never heard of Panda Cloud though.

Alright alright, don't get your panties in a twist ladies. ;) Malwarebytes is not crap.

I've found the opposite. I've had Avast running and it completely missed stuff. Never heard of Panda Cloud though.

I briefly tried Panda cloud during the beta, but didn't have time to put it through some tests....not sure how they made out with it.

SAW that btw. ;)
Monkey34 and changed by Jon55 said:
flowing in MY direction. ;)

Back