Help MTP driver install fails

Bird222

[H]ard|Gawd
I am running Win 7 x64 ultimate. I have a AT&T S3. I have tried every port on my laptop. I have updated Kies. I have tried the drivers from here http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SGH-I747MBBATT. I can't get the 'Samsung Mobile MTP device' to install correctly. Can anyone help?

I should be able to connect to a PC to transfer files but I can't. I have now tried this on two other PC's (another Win 7 ultimate and a Win XP SP3). Watching device manager, it seems like the driver is ok for a minute (i.e. not yellow exclamation mark) and then it pops up. On the XP machine, I just tried to let Windows find the driver (i.e. I didn't dowload it from Samsung) every 30 seconds or so Windows just keeps popping up with the 'found new hardware' message. I am getting error 'code 10' saying the driver can't start. In a virtual machine, I tried another Win XP SP3 in which I did install the Samsung drivers and I got an error saying that the device wasn't found in the INF file. There are alot of subdirectories inside the Samsung USB driver folder, does anyone know which driver should be installed for this? I want to manually try to install it.

Both. I ended up doing a factory reset on my phone and it's working on the XP computer at work. I'll try Win 7 when I get home.

Back