Help Modding I/O Panel

dugn

Limp Gawd
I'm a huge fan of the Striker Extreme's illuminated I/O shield. But bought an EVGA SLI LE instead because of its specific features I needed, and black-on-black PCBs and on-board coolers for my build.

I want to convert the standard EVGA I/O shield from silver with black lettering to a black panel with white lettering. Even better would be black panel with UV lettering so I could illuminate the panel with a UV LED or tiny EL wire.

I've already painted all of my card retainers black to make the back of the case 100% black.

Any ideas how to convert my EVGA I/O shield to something more deserving of a black-on-black case while still retaining the words on the shield or illuminating them for a cool effect?

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is to scan in your origonol and use it to make a template and make a decal to stick onto your IO. Then use an exacto and cut out your holes.

Easiest part will be getting it from a white color to black, all you have to do is invert the colors:)

This may take some photochopping to do but its the only way I can think of. You can at the very least consider this a Bump :D

Thanks, man. That's probably what I'll do. To make it the best, I'll probably print it on a color laser onto adhesive paper.

I just wish there was some way to print the letters in UV reactive color...

Thanks for the thought and the bump :)

Thanks, man. That's probably what I'll do. To make it the best, I'll probably print it on a color laser onto adhesive paper.

I just wish there was some way to print the letters in UV reactive color...

Thanks for the thought and the bump :)

What about printing it out on a piece of UV reactive Adhisive paper, the whit letters will apear whatever color the base paper color is. I would also suggest applying some clear tape after printing it out to make it more durable.

If you cant find any UV adhisive paper you could get normal UV papeer and use 2 sided tape.

Not sure if this will work or not, just brain storming. :)

Good ideas. They helped me come across White UV reactive paint (couldn't find paper). But I could paint the paper with a few coats of white UV paint then print an inverse of my I/O shield onto the painted paper - covering most of it in black except for the letters.

It'd be easier if I could find a sheet of white UV reactive paper to start with instead of having to paint it.

That might work. I'm going to order some and try it out.

Back