• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help! missing partitions after reinstall.

KoZLop

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
1,715
Hi. I reinstalled Windows 2000 Professional and everytime I click into my 320gig hard drives it asks me to reformat them. But I have stuff on them and I know I didn't erase them. How do I get windows to reconise the partitions? I need to figure this out quick.

Edit:
Oh yea i enabled 48-bit lba and they are formated to ntfs
 
all i could think of would be to hook the hdd up to another machine and see if the partions are viewable there
 
I came to conclusion that I either have to either fix mbr or recover the partition with partition magic 8. I'm still up for ideas.
 
KoZLop said:
I came to conclusion that I either have to either fix mbr or recover the partition with partition magic 8. I'm still up for ideas.
Gparted, its free and it works just like Partition Magic.
 
Back
Top