• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me with external SATA enclosure

Dk975

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
872
I bought a AMS Venus SATA+USB2 enclosure to put a WD 2500KS in. I am hooking it up to a Rosewill SIl3114 SATA controller. Because the external ports don't align well with the PCI slot, I can't plug it into the external ports, but I have it plugged to one of the internal ones. When the enclosure is shut off but attached to the SATA card, the computer won't boot to my system drive or CD drive. When I turn it on before this, then it boots okay. Is there anyway to have it so I don't need to turn it on first? Isn't WinXP supposed to see these enclosures (even if they are SATA) as removable?
 
i have the exact same encolusure and mine works great. Make sure you dont have that sata drive set up as a boot device in BIOS as it may get hung up there.
 
Back
Top