Help me with a this type of SPAM. (jsut a pic of the text about stocks)

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
OK, thru my filters and email redirecting (2 accounts) I get almost no spam at all.

The only spam i get is this message about some stock of some kind. And i cant seem to filter it our because there is no text on it, its a image of text! and it drives me nuts, I get about 3 a day in my Gmail, and 1-2 a day on my work email. its driveing ym up the wall...

Here is a pic of what im talking about... you can see form the MS save picture tool that it is a picture no text...
fuck.jpg

Here are the 3 i got today....
fuck2.jpg

WHAT CAN I DO!?

ShockTech said:
They have a "Report Spam" button for a reason.

yea it dosnt work, i have gotten tons of these emails and non of them come form the same adress...

So none of you guys get this type of spam?

mikeblas said:
Write to Google and ask them to fix their spam filter.

are you jokeing or for real... sometime sarcasim is hard to read on this board.. ;-)

I(illa Bee said:
are you jokeing [sic] or for real... sometime sarcasim [sic] is hard to read on this board.. ;-)
I'm for real. What else can you possibly do? Switch mail providers?

Switching providers may be the only way but then again it may come back after a while.

None of the spam filters out there work 100%

Right. So it seems to me the best bet is to contact your provider and tell them about the problem so they can update their filters.

What kind of advice were you expecting?

yeah at my workplace we are getting TONS of these (everyone uses outlook) and no one knows how to get rid of them

I'm getting spammed with these on my fucking school e-mail. Driving me bonkers too. The filter catches and quarantines them, but I still get notifications that I've received like 5 of these per day. You're definately not alone, and if you figure anything out BY ALL MEANS post it. :)

I haven't been spammed like that in a while. Don't have the slightest clue where it all came from. I'm always real careful with that e-mail, but I signed up to unlock ratemyprofessor.com with it and I'm wondering if that's where they got me. Fucking pinko commie bastards.

Yea I get them in my outlook at work...

I tried building a filter on our exchange box but I can’t figure out a way to stop it. It’s just a picture file. It has different properties every time, different dimensions, file size, color...

The only thing I can do is stop all Email with images except ones form an allowed list... But the people in the office wouldn’t like that too much...

I(illa Bee said:
Yea I get them in my outlook at work...

I tried building a filter on our exchange box but I can’t figure out a way to stop it. It’s just a picture file. It has different properties every time, different dimensions, file size, color...

The only thing I can do is stop all Email with images except ones form an allowed list... But the people in the office wouldn’t like that too much...

Yeah that is the only thing we have come up with. They didn't like that idea so for now we just keep geting them.

I(illa Bee said:
There are other things you can do.

I(illa Bee said:
nice clif hanger, this isnt a freacking epsoide of lost...

please do share....

I guess he is not going to share with us :(

I got a few of those things a few weeks ago. I use Opera's M2 client with only a few filters set up, and get about 1 spam message through per month.

I noticed that all of these pictures of "hot stocks" came with some part of my email address in the header. I then filtered my own email address, and haven't seen one in about 3 weeks.

edit: So either Opera's default spam filter is catching it, or my isp's filter is catching it, or I've just been luckier than some.

Might be something to check out.

THC

I've been getting these for about two weeks now. I do not get any other type of spam.. they're both on my Verizon e-mails. It drives me nuts!

I've just recently started getting these too. I would like to not get them at all, but at least Thinderbird throws them out immediately as junk.

Back