• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me spend some money!

freezer

n00b
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
63
Building a new gaming system and would like your advice

I was thinking IC7-MAX3 @ 3GHz with 1GB XMS. 9800AIW.

What do you think?

What is a good 17" Flat Screen for Gaming?
 
Looks like like a great system. Although if you really want to have video in and a tv tuner. You might want to consider getting a dedicated PCI card (Hauppauge PVR-250) for the video in and just stick with a 9800 Pro(Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro) for your video card. I heard that the PVR-250 is great for video in and you may get better results.

When you said 17 inch flat screen, did you mean a flat panel LCD or Flat screen CRT monitor? If you meant an LCD, you should check out this thread at another forum. If you mean a CRT, I would suggest the NEC FE750. I have an NEC FP950 (the 19in. version) and it's great. The only thing that may bother you is that there are 2 very fine lines that run horizontally on the screen. It's because the monitor uses Sony's Trinitron aperture grill tube. The lines are only noticeable on bright backgrounds. It's just a small trade-off considering that Sony's Trinitron tube producs a very sharp picture.
 
You're asking for advice, so I'll give you mine: Athlon64 for gaming. Save some money on the mobo, too. :-o If you're set on Intel, completely disregard this post. I'm not trying to start anything.

Also, check this thread
 
CRTs give much better quality then LCDs do. Unless your doing some video editing I would suggest getting the 9800XT as opposed to AIW.

GL:D
 
Back
Top