Help me spend some money.

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
Joined
Aug 29, 2001
Messages
21,141
I have $230 (I can add a bit) That I'd like to spend on some GPUs.

I was thinking of getting 2 of these: GTS250

Good shader count and high clock. One 6 pin power required. Runs cooler than the older version.

I can do a one card or 2, but give me some suggestions for "D". :cool:

(Have to keep myself in the top 20 ppd ya know ;)

 
2 X the shaders on the Gts250 = 256, where as this has 216 on just this card. Get the mir back + sell 1 of your current cards , add 100.00 and get the second GTX260 = 432 shader count

That just made my head hurt :eek:

The 216 shaders do help but it is not a 1:1 ratio.

My 112 shader cards put out almost 75% the ppd as my 196 shader cards. (my 8800GS does 65% of the ppd with 96 shaders. these are aprox #'s and not exact)
 
in the long run i think the gtx 260 would be the better deal as the WU's get bigger.. thats where the advantage of the higher shader count comes in.. in the short term sure the gts 250 would be the better deal..
 
I've got a watercooled 8800GT if you're looking to unload some of those underperforming 260's ;) Mostly kidding, unless you want me to be serious, we could work something out.
 
I went with the XFX card.

New GTX 260, 216 card is on it's way..... along with a new mobo and proc for the WHS/folding rig. (I have to reinstall the OS to upgrade from trial to full registry, might as rebuild the whole box :D. I can thank a quick 2 day stock trade for the $$ for that)

If anyone wants a uber cheap way to get 2 GPU cards up and running give me a PM, otherwise check the FS section in a few days ;)

(CPU/mobo combo with 2x PCIe lanes)
 
I went with the XFX card.

New GTX 260, 216 card is on it's way..... along with a new mobo and proc for the WHS/folding rig. (I have to reinstall the OS to upgrade from trial to full registry, might as rebuild the whole box :D. I can thank a quick 2 day stock trade for the $$ for that)

If anyone wants a uber cheap way to get 2 GPU cards up and running give me a PM, otherwise check the FS section in a few days .


They were both XFX cards :D
I might be interested in the deal :D
 
They were both XFX cards :D
I might be interested in the deal :D

Sorry it's getting late here.

XFX 260 ala 216 flavor.

It will be an upgrade for the main rig (game will be a bit smoother)

I will also move the other 2, GTX 260s (old version) to the basement. The heat of summer comes nearer.
 
Back
Top