Help me spend my money.

Reagent

Limp Gawd
Ok, the wife said she would only "cut me off" for a week or so if I build a new computer.

I have done a week without even trying in the past so I think I am going to go for it...

My current computer is a:

P4 2.4 @ 2.8
2gb RAM cas 2
2 WD 160gb HD's in raid 0
Abit IT7 max2
ATI 9800pro

A couple of the games I am playing are starting to get a little slow, and have to sacrifice eye candy for playability. I want a new machine that can handle todays games.

I like the HD space the RAM size of the above setup, haven't yet run out of space.

I need everything but mouse/keyboard/speakers. Everything including new Windows.

I would really like a new LCD screen also.

All for the ball park of 1200-1500 bucks.

I keep trying to do it myself... but I always end up looking at the shopping cart and it is almost always in the 2500 buck range. I have a computer hardware shopping issue.

hmm yeah ram and hdd look great

could add maybe..

opteron 165 ~$330

epox 939 nf4 sli mobo ~$120

good lcd hyundai lod maybe or samsung 193 19inch (havent really kept up with the monitors so not really sure but i know these have great ms latency time 12ms) ~$300

os windows xp ~$0 (bittorrent) <jk jk ~$100?

7900gtx or dual evga 7800gt ~$500

= ~$1350

if u want to save some $ could go with a non sli mobo, 7900gt, and um os.. *wink wink* might cut ~$300 or so

Damn girls always trying to use the power of the pu**y to their advantage! You better build an awesome rig and show her who the boss is..

Back