help me solve my cooling problem.

Kevin5255

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
393
I wish I had pictures of this, but it it pretty easy to understand. Looking at my case from the side, the power supply is in the upper-left corner. My processor is also near the upper left of my mobo. With my current cooler, an OCZ reaper, i have a heatsink with a fan blowing from the top down. This fan is pretty close to the power supply casing, so it is have trouble circulating air. I can tell because it makes a lot more noise when it is hooked up to the heatsink than when it is just plugged in and running.

Aside from buying a new heatsink that sucks air from somewhere else (which if i need to do I will, so don't hold back on making recommendations), what can I do to remedy this? I tried putting the fan on so it is blowing both ways and it makes no difference. Should i put the fan on the other side? that would mean that the fins of the heatsink wouldn't control the air flow as well. Is this going to give me better airflow anyway?
 
What are your temps at. Also I think a picture would do a lot more service, I'm having trouble figuring out what your problem is. But from what I can tell, you should have your fan pulling air from the top and push it down, you should have your HSF pull air from inside your case and push it towards the exhuast.
If you can't get a picture, maybe provide which case your have and definitely post your temps.
 
Back
Top