Help me setup up a CD IMAGE server (problems im haveing)

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
I want to put images of Game CD play disks on a server, and have all the computer at Dreamlan to be abel to mount the image and play the games withouut me passing out the CDs everytime i sing them in,. Im only going to use the most played games, for now, i will eventually venture into all the games like this, but right no Daemon tools only lets me make 4 vitural DVD drives, so i will stick to 4 untill i find a better free program.

Just for the sake on info, a new server has been built for this take,
Some crazy dual P3 mobo with 2 933Mhz CPUs on it. 6x10,000rpm18.4gig SCSI u320 drives. Raid5, 2 gigs of ram, (133Mhz), 2 10/100 nics on 64bit slots... Kinda old but it was all free. onboard video, the CDimages will be brought in over the network form the computer there being riped from.

OK, so used Alcohol 120% to burn a Image of the BF: Vietnam disk 3, DOOM3 disk 1, BF1942 disk 1, and Nascar2003. (BFV_3, DOOM3_1 BF_1942_1, NASCAR2003) And im useing Daemon tools on each PC to emulate DVDdrive and mount the images.

Here are my problems, when i mount the image and jsut brows to the share it dose not re mount them when the gamming machine is rebooted?!?!?! ok, so i just mapped network drive i:\ to =\\DREAMLAN-SVR-5\CD IMAGES\ (thats the share) And then told Daemon to mount the image, but this time browsing to the i:\ drive and picking my game. Thats when i ran into my current problem. When the computer reboots, it works right and mounts the images to there fake CD drive, but it freacking autoplay every disk (expect BFV_3, because there is no autoplay on that) This is bad, i dont want them comming up, its annoying...

How and i stop just the Images form Autoplaying? I want the real DVD drive to autoplay so killing autoplay all together is not an option.....Im thinking i can edit the ISO file and remove the autorun.ini (or edit out the line that run the program) But no ISO editor i have use will let me do anyhint over 300mb on the trial version. im willing to buy an ISO editor of i know it will work? BTW: there are 20 computer

Gamming machine specs
range from 2500+XPs on Nforce2s to 2800+64s on Nforce3s, all have 512 DDR total. And the video cards are either 5700ultra, 5900XT (2 are the great BFG 5900nus) and some 5950ultras.... Ohh yea and a 6800ultra :)

Im also looking for anyinfo on doing what im trying to do, such as personal experences, Links? or just plain [H]ard knowhow! Liek how it works, or programs that work better than what im useing,

If you right click on a cd drive and click properties there is an autoplay tab where you can enable it or diabale it for just that drive, i think.

Shadowman9876 said:
If you right click on a cd drive and click properties there is an autoplay tab where you can enable it or diabale it for just that drive, i think.

Confirmed.

//
I doubt you need it, but perhaps for others reading this post:
Right-click drive-->Properties-->Autoplay tab-->Select radio button "Select action to perform" -->Select "Take no action"

theDot said:
Confirmed.

//
I doubt you need it, but perhaps for others reading this post:
Right-click drive-->Properties-->Autoplay tab-->Select radio button "Select action to perform" -->Select "Take no action"
Yea that dosnt work, i tried, not matter how i set that up it always autoplays, but that happends offen in XP. You have to disabel the Autoplay all together to get rid of it, but i dont want it to...

I just got another Idea, im going to use winISO to edit (not deleat) the Autorun.ini file on the CD IMAGE, im just going to try to EDIT out the line that runs Autoplay.exe (BF1942) other are somethign diffrent...like setup.exe or, run.exe...ext...

I just tried deleating the autorun.ini filecompleatly and it rendered the CD IMAGE crap...wont boot the game. So hopefull editing it will fix it... wish me luck.

I(illa Bee said:
Im thinking i can edit the ISO file and remove the autorun.ini (or edit out the line that run the program) But no ISO editor i have use will let me do anyhint over 300mb on the trial version. im willing to buy an ISO editor of i know it will work?

I'm a little confused. Why would you be worried about actually buying the software to help you do something as illegal as what you describe?

t. shuffle said:
I'm a little confused. Why would you be worried about actually buying the software to help you do something as illegal as what you describe?
what im doing is not iligal.....

DreamLan owns 20 copies of every game, and there not even the retail versions there OEMs sold for use in gaming center with licences to sell computer time on the game. Its not iligal as long as every machine has its own legal key...

Igames is a CO that supports Gaming centers, helps keep them inline and legal on everyhting. Plus helps get warehouse prices on games to the :little Man: running thease shops. IGames recouments Daemon tools...

In fact the copies of that were bought were not even real, it was a ISO file that was download a day before release. 20 CD KEys came on a word doc. Nero was used to burn the ISO to CD. Alot of games in the future will come this way. What the diffrence between burning the ISO to disk and mounting the ISO to be palyed...its all payed for..

Just liek Newegg selling software that you download, Full programs...its nice.

Back