Help Me set up my LCD

I just got my first LCD - Syntax Olevia LT26HVX (Black Friday Baby! :) ) I have a few Qs on the set up:
1. DVI cable worth it? Right now I'm using the VGA that came with it.
2. Clear type helped the text, is there anything else that could help?
3. What settings I should adjust for best picture?

Thanks!

1. DVI is definitely worth the purchase.

2. I would recomment going to Microsoft's ClearType website, or download something like ClearTweak if you haven't already.

3. Make sure you have the recommended resolution set on your computer, and try to change the color settings (or presets) to see what looks good to you. I don't have any experience with this monitor, so I can't help you much there.

Ahh, you did end up getting it, nice. AND you got the HVX model, congrats :)

Well on lcd's this size the DVI connection *might* or *is likely* to provide a better picture so maybe a dvi cable is in order. If you purchase a cheap cable, keep it short @ <12' or <10' feet to avoid jitter or sparklies which can happen on the cheaper/longer length cables.

Another key part is native resolution, you def want to run it native rez as much as possible.

Otherwise my mind is drawing a blank atm, need more coffee ;), i'll check back in if i can think of anything else.

Have fun with the new toy

Edit: Looks like B.W. beat me and my slow typing

SJetski71 said:
Ahh, you did end up getting it, nice. AND you got the HVX model, congrats :)
Thanks, I would have went to Office Depot on my own. Your advise in my other thread helped me make the better purchase.
So far the picture looks good, bright and crisp. No stuck pixels. I just need a little sharper text.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B. W.
2. I would recomment going to Microsoft's ClearType website, or download something like ClearTweak if you haven't already.
Today 07:54 AM

Thanks for the Link I'll try it!

So I went to Wally World and bought a Phillips PX1000 DVI cable. I had a signifigent to major Improvement on my LCD. I did not realize how blury the picture was with the VGA. I also had issues with the desktop being centered on the display and had to use "auto setting" in the LCDs menu to get it as close as it could, but never perfect. Everything looks great now! No setup problems and Theatertek/FFDShow looks awsome! :) :D :p

Back