Help me replace my U3011?

LstBrunnenG

Supreme [H]ardness
As the title suggests, I currently own a Dell U3011. I am interested in acquiring something with a faster refresh rate to go with an upcoming GPU upgrade. I am currently planning on purchasing two 1080 TIs.

Requirements:

1. Faster refresh rate than the U3011 (60 Hz).
  2. Picture quality no worse than the U3011, preferably better. A TN panel will be a hard sell.
  3. Around the same size as the U3011 (30").
  4. 4k would be great. However, I'd want a monitor that won't look terrible if I have to run at something non-native like 1440p. Two 1080 Tis will be fast, but 4k is already quite demanding with today's games.
  5. Bonus - nVidia flavor of vSync.
No set budget for now. I am curious what is out there, and it has been quite a while since I have been in the market.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello, fellow U3011 owner! ROG Swift PG27UQ It's not out yet, but it's what I'm waiting on.

4K, HDR, 144Hz, New G-Sync, 27" monitor.

If you want something now... you'll have to choose if you want 144hz or 4K.

Do we have a price or release date estimate for that monitor? I did a bit of research last night, and this PG279Q seems like the closest thing to what I'm looking for that's currently available. Just wish I wasn't giving up the extra resolution (1600p to 1440p) and screen size (30" to 27").

You're right, waiting might be the best idea for now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The price point varies - but all of them agree on one point: It'll be over $1000 USD. From what I've seen expect the price to be $1200 - $1600.

The screen size really isn't that big of a difference. We're going from a 30 to 27 diagonal. Anyways, you know just how thick the bezels are for your U3011. I imagine they'll be smaller on the UQ.

Probably best wait for HDMI3 if you can, then you can have your active sync cake and size and eat it..

Do we have a price or release date estimate for that monitor? I did a bit of research last night, and this PG279Q seems like the closest thing to what I'm looking for that's currently available. Just wish I wasn't giving up the extra resolution (1600p to 1440p) and screen size (30" to 27").

Edit: Sorry, I see you're talking about the 27" QHD now, not the upcoming 4K HDR one. Yeah, the loss of size is hard to accept for an "upgrade".

The 27" 4K HDR PG27UQ will be pretty expensive IIRC, so there's also a similar Acer 27" 4K HDR TN alternative:

http://www.144hzmonitors.com/reviews/acer-predator-xb272-hdr-review/

There's also this 31,5" 1440p 144Hz VA monitor:

http://aoc-europe.com/en/products/ag322QCX

Both of these are not available yet, but should be this month or so.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back