Help me please

Hello, my first post and I reallly need some help.First, I was wondering where the best place to buy computer parts at? Also will someone tell me if this is a good comp (this came from tigerdirect.com) If I'm missing something please tell me :D Thanks

Premium’s Extreme Mid Tower Case. Ultra’s Unique X-Connect.$85
Seagate / 300GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-150 / OEM / Hard Drive $175
Diamond Radeon X800 XL / 256MB DDR / PCI Express / DVI / VIVO / VGA / Video Card $305
DFI LanParty 925X-T2 Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / PCI Express / Audio / Dual Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / FireWire / Serial ATA $190
Microsoft Internet Keyboard (Black) $15
Metro DataVac Shuttle Vacuum/Blower Rechargeable $25
Logitech Cordless Click! Plus Optical Mouse $45
Fellowes Mighty 8 / 5-Outlet / 1140 Joules / Surge Suppressor $13
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer PCI Sound Card $110

Sorry for double post but I am open to opinions on what is better. Also, if there s a better placeto buy this stuff that is cheaper plz let me know

K, dang I must be buggin yall LoL. But can u tell me whats better

ASPIRE X-Dreamer ATXB3KL-BK/420 Black Computer Case – RetaiL $45

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 300GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive – OEM $161

ATI 100-435500 Radeon X800XL 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card – OEM $295

Albatron PX915P Pro Socket T (LGA 775) (CPU Not Included) Intel 915P Extended ATX Motherboard/VGA Set – Retail $200

Microsoft Digital Media Pro BX1-00005 2-Tone 105 Normal Keys 22 Function Keys + 1 Zoom Slider Function Keys USB + PS/2 Standard Keyboard – Retail $30

Logitech MX1000 Blue/Black Mouse – Retail $67

CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 Sound Card – Retail $113

fUnc 1030 SU-MBA-BK Mouse Pad – Retail $45

PLANTRONICS AUDIO80 3.5mm Connector Stereo Headset with In-Line Volume and Mute Control – Retail $17

All this for $973

well no I thought it came from onboard.... LoL, not as sharp on comps as I usually am... BTW I am using this comp for gaming perposes only!

[Tec]EzShOt said:
ASPIRE X-Dreamer ATXB3KL-BK/420 Black Computer Case – RetaiL $45
Case doesn't matter all that much as long as you like it. Aspire isn't the best brand, but it'll work. The main difference between a cheap case and an expensive one is how solid it is. Expensive ones usually are made of thicker metal. Higher end ones often have nicer layouts, but that's not always the case. I've seen $100 cases with crap layouts or lousy cooling, and $30 ones that do both well, but the $100 case is almost always made of thicker metal and stronger. Generally speaking lousy layouts can be worked around and bad cooling can be modded into good cooling, but making thin weak metal thick and strong is generally a real bitch. I would replace the PSU though. Get a good one- Antec, Fortron, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling, etc.

[Tec]EzShOt said:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 300GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive – OEM $161
ATI 100-435500 Radeon X800XL 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card – OEM $295
Both good choices. I'm definately a Seagate fan. I generally prefer NVidia to ATI, but that's purely for thier Linux drivers. Get an NV card if you run Linux, otherwise that's a solid card.

[Tec]EzShOt said:
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 Sound Card – Retail $113
Might have a look at the "regular" card or an OEM model. The card itself in the various packages is the exact same thing. It's just the bundle that's different. Have a look at the contents of the "gamer" package and see if they actually interest you.

Okay, I need help with motherboard.... my first time looking for comp parts, my friend always done this for me... okay can you help me with a really good MOBO processor and GRAPHICS CARD plz...I hope I am not asking too much of yall :D

Read my system specs to get my opinion of the best possible budget (slightly on the high side, but still budget compared to the watercooler and peltier fanatics that lurk around here) gaming machine. All parts were bought from newegg except for the memory which was direct fron kingston

[An Antec Sonata holds an A8N-SLI. An A8N-SLI holds a 3500+. The 3500+ sees 2GB of Kingston Value Ram. They all had a dinner party with 2 120GB SATA drives. The 6600 showed up, but his twin brother will be late.

Ok lemme get this right :) Antec Sonata is a case, right?

A8n-SLI is a motherboard?

3500+ is a processor

2GB is obviously memory

and 2 6600 GeForce cards???

Looks like decent hardware, but never order from tiger direct. I've heard to many horror stories, and I don't like the way they do business. They actually take orders from you, then farm them out to various other small system builders. When they get the parts in, the badge them from Tiger Direct and send them off to you. I know this because I did sales for a small system builder and they regularly bought systems and parts from us.

Yes, the Sonata is a case. You could drop down to a AMD64 3200+ processor and be fine. Asus is a reputable manufacturer and the A8N-SLI has great upgrade potential. You would be fine with 1 gig of RAM I'm sure. And the Asus SLI mobo can use 2 videocards but works just fine with one.

Back