• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HELP me please!

belmicah

Gawd
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
853
OK, I have THIS case. And, I recently purchased the Scythe Big Shuriken 2, so I could possibly overclock my 2500K, but the damned thing blocks two of my RAM slots.

So, my question is this:

Can I use the Corsair H100 and attach it on the outside of this case, or am I really just S.O.L. as far as aftermarket CPU cooling goes?

I want to crank up my CPU!
 
Last edited:
It looks like there is about a 2mm spacing between the 120mm fans in the case, the H100 has no spacing between them (have to drill to remove that ~2mm gap). You'd have to cut out the grills because they push out a little as far as I can tell, and cut a little extra to route the tubes coming off the radiator.

It says your heatsink can be up to 70mm height with a large optical drive or 120mm height with a compact drive or no optical drive.
 
Last edited:
I would just get new ram, I can confirm low profile ram will work fine with this cooler. You can sell your existing ram for close to your new ram's cost, a much cheaper upgrade than buying an h100
 
Thanks for the replies guys. I read that the Big Shuriken 2 didn't cool that well anyways, and I want to overclock, so out with the dremel I guess!
 
How much vertical clearance do you have from the processor to the first vertical obstruction? You might want to consider a Coolermaster Geminii S if you have enough space.
 
I am using a BluRay drive so 70mm height max for the CPU cooler. The Big Shuriken 2 was only like 58mm tall, but wide as all fuck and the heatpipes stuck out and obstructed 1 or 2 RAM slots (not an option for me).
 
I am thinking about going with THIS. I don't know if it would block my RAM slots as the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 did. Does anyone know if ithe Zalman CNPS7000 is as wide, or will it allow me to keep my RAM?

edit: just looked at the sizes and the Zalman is 109mm x 109mm x 62mm whereas the Scythe was 125mm x 135mm x 58, so I guess I would be losing ~25-26mm from the width if I went with the Zalman. I think that might work.
 
Back
Top