Help me pick out a gaming monitor...

sheesh721

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to buy a new monitor. I currently have a 19" monitor, but I want a widescreen. I use a 22" widescreen at work and I love the 1680*1050 resolution.

I occasionally watch movies, but more than anything else I design websites and run a lot of applications at the same time. I also play a lot of fps games.

I'm looking to spend under $300 if possible, but I don't mind spending up to $400 if necessary. I just want the best quality picture I can get. I was looking at the Samsung 226CW and the HP w2207 due to reviews on 22" monitors, but I'm not too sure I want a 22" due to the TN panels they use.

Anyone know of any good 20-22" LCD monitors? I'm looking for the best picture quality possible, not necessarily size. I'd prefer a monitor with a resolution upwards of 1680*1050 standard. I'm worried that might look kinda small on a 20" display though...

Currently on a Dell 2007WFP S-IPS panel with the latest revision and I can say it rocks in terms of colour accuracy. Games look vibrant and rich, and so does my digital artwork. Definitely would recommend it!

I have the w2207 monitor, and all I have to say is that it is a fantastic monitor. Once you adjust the settings right, you will not be disappointed. You can probably get it for a bit under $300 nowadays.

Yea it's a tough trade off...I don't believe there are any 22" panels that are IPS/PVA/MVA?...am I correct people?..

so therefore it limits your options. If color accuracy is really important to use that 20 inch dell would be a good choice...IPS panels are very nice.

I used a dell ultrasharp 1905fp for 1 1/2yrs. while a good monitor for most things, figures in dark/shadow areas were undecernable which caused me much FF embarssment, or death because I didn't shoot. I play CS, and imho pva monitors suck for gaming. I got a Samsung 226cw 2mos ago an couldn't be happier. I don't do graphics or photoshop. In well lit areas the dell was fine however, most games have dark areas a great deal of the time some a TN works better for me.

Back