Help me pick a mousepad

Zyde

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

I have two mice that I need mousepads for. The first is a Razer Deathadder (PC), which I use primarily for gaming. The second is a Logitech Performance Mouse MX (Mac), which is mostly used for browsing, chatting and development.

I have a wooden desk which has developed a few scratches over the years, and I'd like to go back to using mouse pads instead of a bare desk to rest my mice on. What matters most to me is longevity and performance, ergonomics isn't really a dealbreaker at this point. I have used several cheap mousepads in the past, as well as a Razer Sphex which I wasn't overly impressed with.

Which mousepads would you recommend for me, for the two mice and their uses listed above? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

After reading/watching a lot of reviews, I am torn between:
- Steelseries QcK Heavy
- Razer Goliathus Speed (largest size)
- RatPadz XT

Anyone who has used more than one of those, who can give me a comparison?

I'll also toss in the fUnc surface and Razer eXactMat. Lots of people seem to like those.

Using a XTracPads Ripper XL, nice and large, but I wasn't sure how I would feel with the cloth as I came from XTracPads HS and it was a plastic top but still in great shape. So far loving this mouse pad and the size of it, now just need to get a newer mouse than my Mx510.

I got a steelseries 5l and quickmat, the 5L is way better it's larger, easier to clean and actually stays on the desk. It's pricey but worth it.

I have a ratpadz XT and I love it but its now missing 2 rubber feet and it wobbles... I have to resort to putting an old cloth mousepad under it to kep it from sliding all over the place. I use it with my deathadder

i had an icemat/ratpadz for a while but the ratpadz wasn't smooth enough for me and the icemat was a pain to keep clean (literally every single piece of dust feels like a boulder under your mouse). i was torn between the purtrak talent and the qck heavy. i went with the talent and am very happy, it was only 1 day shipping to me b/c they are made right in chicago.

edit: keep in mind the purtrak talent and the qck heavy are gigantic (mainly for low sens users). If your just looking for a simple mouse pad that is of moderate performance/size and good durability i would prolly recommend a ratpadz tbh.

for your razer buy the SS Icemat I2,,, I don't know how you feel about steel mouse pads, but for gaming they are definitely the best.

steelseries Qck+ or QcK Heavy

/thread

Agreed

I use a QCK+ and love it. I have a Ratpadz XT which I find to be a great pad. You won't find a better tracking surface but I find it to be a bit too small for day to day use personally. I also have a Rocketfish aluminum pad which I hear is exactly like those aluminum double sided razer pads and can't stand it, my QCK+ is a much better tracking surface but the XT blows them both out of the water.

How's the noise level of the XT compared to the Icemat? Hard plastic and glass both seem like they'd be kinda noisy...I'm tempted to get an XT to support [H] and because I've read numerous times that the Icemat needs continuous cleaning in order to give a smooth glide.

I'm using a cheap generic cloth pad right now. Laser mice traditionally don't do well on cloth pads, which is why I'm kinda surprised so many people are suggesting the Qck pads. I don't have room for a giant pad like the Destructor so I'm thinking about the Ratpadz XT or Qck Mini. I think the XT would track better but I like how cloth pads don't wear out your mouse feet so I'm kinda leaning toward the Qck right now...I know you can buy replacement feet but that's something I'd rather not worry about. Thoughts?

How's the noise level of the XT compared to the Icemat? Hard plastic and glass both seem like they'd be kinda noisy...I'm tempted to get an XT to support [H] and because I've read numerous times that the Icemat needs continuous cleaning in order to give a smooth glide.

I'm using a cheap generic cloth pad right now. Laser mice traditionally don't do well on cloth pads, which is why I'm kinda surprised so many people are suggesting the Qck pads. I don't have room for a giant pad like the Destructor so I'm thinking about the Ratpadz XT or Qck Mini. I think the XT would track better but I like how cloth pads don't wear out your mouse feet so I'm kinda leaning toward the Qck right now...I know you can buy replacement feet but that's something I'd rather not worry about. Thoughts?

Both the mice the OP are asking about are optical so he doesn't have to worry about the tracking issues with the laser mice. I have neither pads so i can't comment on them, my func is built like a tank so i can't justifty paying 20 bucks for a mouse pad yet..

Both the mice the OP are asking about are optical so he doesn't have to worry about the tracking issues with the laser mice. I have neither pads so i can't comment on them, my func is built like a tank so i can't justifty paying 20 bucks for a mouse pad yet..

Actually the Performance MX is laser, not optical. Don't worry about the mistake -- purple haze will do that to ya. :D

Back