Help me pick a laptop

AliP

Limp Gawd
Hi, my brother asked me for help with a laptop purchase, I'm a bit out of the loop and I hope that you can help me with this.

He likes thinkpad computers and prefers the ultraportable ones. He is prepared to pay up to the maximum of 1500$, but he only wants what he needs so my guess is we can keep it around 1000$ or less.

He's going to use it to browse the internet, p2p, general school work and watching HD material. He wants to be able to connect the computer to his hdtv via hdmi and play videos trough it.

Can you help me pick one for him?

Thanks.

Thinkpads are not typically ideal for gaming. Although, with modern technology you might be able to get by playing some dated games.

The IBM thinkpad Edge E520 packs some pretty decent power. It would dominate all of the processing needs for internet browsing, school, business...

i5 2.3ghz
4GB ram
500GB hdd
HDMI out
etc.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=cA3iTsrcKMio2wXIxNnKBA&ved=0COcBEPMCMAM

Also, in the future if you are looking for a smoking deal on a school/business system check out - www.bcdelectrostore.com

Hope that helps a little. Cheers.

what school does he go to?? Schools often times have pretty good deals on electronics for students (unless he is in highschool). Or certain companies partner with the schools and offer deals. You should ask around his school. If you go to newegg they have 397 notebooks that have HDMI out. Im not sure of the graphics card you would need to play hdmi videos. I assume you could get by with something like the Gforce gt 520m but I dont know mobile much.

Back