Help me pick a laptop.

Reagent

Limp Gawd
I am looking in the 800-1400 range of price. I will be using this as my only PC for a year. It will be used for gaming and business.

Is this decent? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ay+fx&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218043606827

I have no experience with laptops.

I would like to stay with a larger screen as i am used to working on 24" screens and cannot think of working on something smaller.... though i know i dont have much choice and will probably get used to it.

Thanks.

I think you pretty much can't wrong these days. For the most part.

Since you can pretty much mix and match parts with whatever brand you want I opt for aesthetics. The one that is the most physically appealing to me and offers good size/weight ratio even with a larger screen. Since it's all about portability, weight, design, etc.

Sony FW is a sexy laptop imho.

HP has the Dv-7 and HDX quad core models out. And Asus has a couple.

I haven't checked up on what Dell has been doing recently.

You said business so I assume weight and style is important. Sony Vaio and Dell XPS are well known names in the business world. If you hardcore game you'll want one that has the best video card, I believe the FX you chose is one of the better ones for that. But the others sure are not lacking in that department either. That will just depend on what games you play. If you plan to play anything but crysis then opting for the upgraded video cards in the other models will do perfectly fine.

You might also want to test the keyboards and see what is the most to your liking. Dell/HP/Sony/Gateway in no order all have perfectly nice smooth keyboards in my opinion. I haven't really tested any others.

Last edited:
Back